Monday, February 21, 2011

Day Four


I got a parking ticket after work today. It was raining/snowing and miserable, I was hungry and tired. In other words, I was wrapped up in my own little world. When I saw the ticket, I started thinking what a crappy day it was, and how bad my luck was. Then something happened. A stranger in a coffee shop ran out into the cold rainy street and let me know I dropped something. Turns out what I dropped was an extremely important part of a piece of equipment I had just borrowed from a friend. He could have easily sat in the warm comfortable coffee shop and continued sipping on his latte paying no mind to what I had dropped. Something so small he probably had no idea it was important. Instead he came out into the rain, picked up what I had dropped and chased me down to return to me a kick in the butt to reality. I thanked him profusely and felt ashamed at how I so easily flew into a negative state of mind. The parking ticket was entirely my own fault, my day wasn't at all that horrible considering I have a job, an apartment, and people I love, so why so grumpy?

Sometimes the universe gives you a friendly reminder that things could be a lot worse.

1 comment: