Friday, February 18, 2011

Day One



Our office is undergoing some much needed renos in the next couple months and I never really realized this before, but I've never actually thought of my office as "my" office. There is a 24X36 poster size calendar on the wall from the previous HR manager for vacations scheduled in... yes.. 2008. It's been over 2 years since I took over this position and I have yet to take it down. Everything posted on the corkboard behind my desk is also "inherited" from Vance. I've barely changed one thing in the more than 2 years I've occupied that office. I looked at my office today and realized exactly how ugly it is. Our carpet hasn't been changed since the building was erected thirty years ago, the blinds are filthy and likely hasn't been cleaned in the same three decades. Don't get me started on the paint job. Maybe I never committed to my job 100% or ever saw myself as a permanent part of the company, but now is a good time to start making my office.. well mine. Fresh office, fresh attitude.

The workstation below is my coworker Nat's. This is our daytime home. Pixel monkey vs. payroll monkey. Note the large bowl of chinese food take-out we had at a meeting earlier this week. It's been feeding our staff for three days.

Ok so I know this is a really poor attempt at a day one photo, but gimme a break, it's Friday and I didn't have much time to take photos!

1 comment:

  1. "feeding our staff for three days".... hahaha love it

    ReplyDelete